Welcome to our Knowledge Base. This page is the central repository for all of our solar energy information and learning resources. It’s the place to come to find the answers to those niggling questions, and to get suggestions on saving electricity that you just might not have come across previously. Press Ctrl+D (or ⌘+D on a Mac) to bookmark this page for future reference.
Here at Greenforce Energy, we strongly believe that the best way we can move forward on improving the environment and Australia is to share ideas. For this reason, we try to be as open as possible about how technology works, and how we do things. The hope is that many more people will be inspired to try solar projects, and if not, they can be confident we know what we are doing and call us in to help.
Below, you’ll find detailed answers for many popular questions, but you might also be interested in our Solar FAQ
–> You might like to briefly skim this flowchart showing the solar installation process in Sydney
Section 1 – Selecting Components of your Solar PV System
Here we feature information on choosing the components of the planned Solar PV system. See below for Solar PV basics
- Detailed Guide to Selecting Solar Panels
- How to select Solar Panels
- Guide to Selecting Inverters
- How-to guide to Selecting Breakers and Isolators for Solar PV
- System Design Dos-and-Don’ts
- Datasheets for existing solar PV installations in Sydney
- Standard Solar Panel Dimensions
Section 2 – Solar PV Policies and Processes
This Section gives background to the rebates, metering, policies and processes involved with going solar in Sydney or installing Solar for others.
- Solar Metering In Sydney – General Process
- Time of Use Metering - simple solar metering information for the rest of us!
- Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs, STCs) explained
- Gross vs Net Metering Demystified
- What is a Solar PV Feed-in Tariff
- Solar Energy & NSW BASIX
Section 3 – Solar basics
- What is Solar PV – about Solar and Solar Science
- Grid Connect Solar
- Solar Thermal
- Solar Installers Sydney
- Solar Charge Controllers & Solar Regulators – 5 things you should know about solar regulators
- Working with Solar PV on Sydney’s Corrugated metal rooftops
Section 4 – Energy Saving Guides
- Background to Energy Efficiency
- Greening your rented home
- Green Home Quiz
- Energy Saving Tips for Offices & Small Business
- Halogen Downlight Replacement
- Converting fluorescent tubes T8 to T5
- Top Ten ‘Energy Hogs’ – or, the things Harvey Norman forgot to tell you about….
- Geothermal information
About This Page
Greenforce Energy maintains this information page as a public service, and most of the content relates to the use of solar power in Sydney, Australia
Please feel free to link to this page so that others can find it. It’s really easy to link to this page, just copy the text below onto your web page: