Top Ten ‘Energy Hogs’ – so you can start checking why your bills are so high
This is a list of the most common appliances found to be the problem, when back tracking from electricity bills.
- Heated Spas
- Pools, particularly pools with electrolysis units
- Air Conditioners, particularly large homes or homes with older ‘non-inverter’ split systems
- Floor Heating
- Under-desk ‘Fan’ Heaters
- Radiant Heaters
- Halogen Downlights
- Reptile Tank Heat Lamps
- Large Outdoor Halogen Flood Lights
You can also look for
- large numbers of computers (3+) left on all the time, especially those with older LCD or CRT screens (best to have LED backlit screens)
- older amplifier and stereo equipment with high standby loads – simply turn off at the wall when not in use, or put a switchable powerboard in easy reach
- laminating or older copy machines
- did we mention halogen downlights?